· Basic System
· Helm Pumps
· App. Guide
AutoNav's New Helm Pump Features:
- Floating Pintle, design for smooth, easy operation.
- Minimum wheel effort due to reduced friction.
- Reduced wheel slippage due to finer machining tolerance.
- Spill valve for rapid filling and elimination of pressure locking (stiffness in wheel).
- Cartridge valve design allows on-board service and repair of internal valves.
- Axial piston pump with "swash plate" construction for smooth efficient operation.
- Heavy duty "lip" design shaft seal provides longer life than typical "O-ring" seals.
- Precision machining eliminates internal working seals to provide long maintenance free life.
- Large integral reservoir, vented to atmosphere, compensates for oil expansion.
- Cartridge lock valves at each helm automatically isolate stations, autopilot and power steering loads to eliminate rudder feedback.
- Helms not in use do not turn, regardless of steering loads.
- Internal relief valves to protect against rudder and wheel overloads.
- Five pump sizes offer correct wheel turns for all types and sizes of vessels.
- Bleed valves at each pump allow for air venting, faster filling.
- Epoxy-coated anodized marine aluminum provides maximum corrosion resistance.